• Dlecta by Devashree Foods have one of their plants in Khopoli near Panvel, where milk products like cheese, butter, etc. are processed
• The factory is located in the outskirts of Khopoli in the hilly regions and there is natural downward slope of the hills behind the factory.
• During the monsoon, the water streams flows down from the hills behind their plant and used to form a pond.
• They had 2 borewells that used to dry during every summer season and the company had to rely on tanker water to run the boiler to continue the production of their products.
• The company wanted their borewell to continue supply in summer so that they don’t have pay hefty charges and rely on tankers
• To stop the accumulation of water from the hills behind the plant
Solution : Rainwater Harvesting
• RWH solution for Devashree Foods
• D&D recommended them for 2 Jalrakshak systems near their existing borewell.
• We channeled the hill water into Jalrakshak and also connected the overflow of the Jalrakshak to their existing borewell.
• So, the rainwater harvested was used to recharge their underground water which replenished their borewell. In fact, the borewell also got recharged with the overflow from the Jalrakshak.
• Conclusion : With the help of RWH, today Devashree Foods is self reliant for water even in the summers and that has removed their tanker cost. Also, the accumulation of water near their plant has vanished forever.